Wednesday, January 17, 2007

That Which Does Not Kill Me...

Should only make me stronger? Right? Please say yes. I've made the commitment to run The Avenue of the Giants 1/2 Marathon After tonight's informational meeting I'll begin the training. From tomorrow through May 6 I will be "a runner". That makes me cringe. I hate running. Honestly, have you ever seen a runner that looked like they were having fun?

But I also hate being the lazy slug I've become. I ran cross country in high school - was in great shape & had amazing calves (calfs?) I hope to regain some of that old physique.

Once I accomplish the goal I think I'll join Hash House Harriers That seems to be more my style. Run until you find beer!

I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

elainepill said...

you go girl!

i think the half marathon is a good distance...long enough (~2 hours in my case) to push yourself without going nuts!

i'm doing one in june...keep me posted on your training!

SDCrawford said...

I will! I'll also ask for your financial support my Team in Training fundraising goals! Ha ha your turn.

Chicken And Waffles said...

WOW! You're my hero, girl! That's one heck of a commitment! Count on me for a donation. I am proud of you for doing this.

Joe said...

Email me dorkus. I don't have your email address....