Thursday, July 28, 2005

How I Spent Last Night

Thanks to the best radio station ever I won two passes to a private Nickel Creek concert. They played for a small audience (a few hundred max) at the Little Fox Theater. We arrived 5 minutes after the show started and ended up in the front row next to the DJ of my favorite radio show.

I think I need to add their new album to my wish list.

Highlights of the show/night:
The lead singer/mandolin player making eyes at my +1, Jenny.
The seamless blend from bluegrass instrumental to cover of Nirvana's In Bloom.
My souvenier... the band's set list.
2+hours of awesome music... FREE!
Jenny's 11 yr old nephew's friend thanking her for dinner by saying the homemade pesto sauce was "not as good as my mom's".
The dogs didn't destroy the house even though I wasn't home until 11pm.

Bummer of the night discovered this AM:
Otis snuggled up to a burr bush and his shaggy fur is now matted with pricklers. Fortunetely I had him scheduled for a grooming today. I cut as much of the mess out as I could before dropping him off for his bath & haircut. He'll be so cute tonight.

YEAH - Jane comes home tonight!

1 comment:

Joe said...

I interviewed them for Frets magazine in the upcoming issue. Nice folks, although they could use a little time with a PR rep learning how to give more focused interviews. I've got the album if you'd like it.