Thursday, May 04, 2006

Home Alone

If only it were as much fun for me as it was for Mackauley Culkin. Jane's in Boston and I'm single parenting a skulking greyhound and a wild puppy.

Dad invited me over for Chinese food dinner (he does this when Jane's away). I scooped up the pup & drove over for parent time while Mally & Granite wore each other out. As I was saying goodbye mom decided to take out some recycling and as the padres always do she leaves the front door wide open. How many dogs does it take getting hit (killed) by cars before they learn to close the door? Yes, you see where this is going. Granite quietly follows mom out the door, I yell, mom turns - bends down - reaches out - falls. She manages to grab and hold on to Granite and keep herslef from tumbling head first down the front steps. She's (mom) too old for that kind of activity. I'm sure she's bruised and sore today. Maybe they'll learn to close the front door.

I spent the evening watching my BRAVO reality TV shows: Top Chef (goodbye Lee Anne) and Blow Out (I'm all about bangin' hair). I've got the 8 episodes of Texas Ranch House waiting for me on DVR. PBS started the reality show genre decades ago with American Family in 1970. I can't help it, I'm a voyeur. I like to see how real people interact - it makes me feel better about myself.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

PHRED said...

Pauvre Lee Anne! *weeps*

Jonathon Antin is the devil. I only ever watch that show if there's nothing else on at the gym while treadmilling and only then to stop to watch with the hope that someone will snap and decapitate him with a curling iron.