Monday, May 09, 2005

ON THIS DAY (well yesterday, May 8)

BBC ON THIS DAY | 8

I was too busy yesterday to post. It was my birthday! Exciting events of yesterday, my 34th, at 3:45am I woke up in the midst of a 3.4 earthquake centered in my hometown. 34 3:45, 3.4... Oooh spooky.

We were to head to my sisters house for an outdoor BBQ party to celebrate both my & Katie's birthdays and Mother's Day. However due to the rain we relocated to our house since we have more indoor space. I spent the morning on a quick clean-up and the house was ready for the family & friends invasion.

Jane worked her magic with tri-tips on the q. Katie & I exchanged pink teddybears. The family chipped in this awesome REI Adventure: http://www.rei.com/adventures/trips/namer/ca_monokayak_wend.jsp Yahoo!

I'm at work for one day this week. I am off to North Carolina for a conference on "The State Of Health Care". whee. I think I'll have lots of time on this trip to study for my physiology final in 2 weeks.

Other birthdays of note:

Oscar Hammerstein 1847
Harry S. Truman (U.S.) 1884
Don Rickles 1926
David Attenborough 1926
Rick Nelson 1940
James Mitchum 1941
Toni Tennille 1943
Alex Van Halen 1955
Ronnie Lott 1959
Melissa Gilbert 1964

1 comment:

Jane said...

That's my girl. She doesn't look a day over 34!