Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Gee, Thanks

The fiance complimented me on my blog today! The professional editor likes my writing. I hate writing and got very bad grades when we studied grammer in school. Wow - I'm all puffed up now.

Maybe she's just being nice to me?

Last night we got down to the nitty-gritty of last minute things to do before the big day. So I spend 30 minutes cleaning off my bedside table and the drawers. It's been a place to collect books, magazines, glasses of water, empty glasses, crap and dust for over 2 years. Why did it need to be cleaned last night? Because I didn't want to clean the bathroom, change the sheets or vaccuum the house so it'll be clean when our guests arrive tomorrow! AVOIDANCE!

Oh, yes - I found shoes at Nordstom after work. Talk about customer service... As I'm walking around display after display of shoes with an armful of possibilities how many commission based sales people asked if they could help me? 7. Yes, seven sales people approached me in 10 minutes. I kept answering "not yet" "no help yet thanks" "- I like to shop incognito, anonymous, alone, unbothered. When I had the 6 shoes I thought would work and were worth a try-on I found the first sales guy to approach me. Off he trotted (having memorized the 6 shoes) and returned with other options based on what I had collected! Go Nordstrom. I tried on the best of the bunch first - they fit, they felt good, they were less than $40... SOLD!

Anyone bored of this blog yet?

1 comment:

Jane said...

Go, you little blogger you!