Friday, August 27, 2004

Been A While

Sorry for the delay. I knew I wouldn't be a regular daily poster when I started this - you were warned!

So 2 weeks ago the whirlwind began and I think tonight might be the first night since 8/13 that I'll be at home after work with nothing to do. It will be nice to sit on the couch and relax. Please don't let Jane get a project into her head.

For the last six months we've been planning, list-making, doing project and tinkering with details of the wedding & honeymoon. Now that it's over what will we focus on? I got lucky for most of the honeymoon - all we "planned" was where should we stop for a drink? should I get the large or super sized margarita? Carnitas or something else? Seven glorious days of no lists, no plans, no future projects. I knew it couldn't last long - the whole ride home on the last day Jane kept blurting out her plans for the fall... organize garage clean-out, clean the gutters, call contractors to fix the house, blah blah blah.

Damn you, Jane Lowers! Can't you ever just sit and do nothing and plan for nothing? Nope - and that is the life I have committed myself to. For better or worse... Wait - that wasn't one of our vows!

On day two back at work my computer crashed. Loud clicking noises followed by frozen screens & computer shut-down. This is not good since I process payroll and the payroll software is only stored on my hard drive. So panic sets in, computer guy is called and I hope he can recover my computer quickly! I work on very strict time limits here. People get mad if their paychecks are not on time.

Happy discovery of the week: Window's Media radio tuner streams my favorite internet station - radioioAccoustic - for free. If you go direct to radioio you must subscribe! Yahoo... Happy me. So I've been listening to lots of cool "new to me" accoustic artists.

So, there is my update. Sorry to be away for so long. Someday I'll get used to this blogging thing and maybe get addicted to the posting like everyone else does.

I wish www.dooce.com a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself and return home to your family soon!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Pffft. The only person I know who really does post daily is Jane--and frankly, it all fits in with the fixing the house, calling the contractors, cleaning the gutters, etc. Always busy, that one. :]