Friday, October 15, 2004

Putting the Foot Down

It's late on a Friday night and I'm sitting home alone propping my eyelids open because I have to drive to SF airport to pick up Jane. I'm not doing this again. She's on a trip for work and they'll reimburse her for her cab home.

For some reason Jane thinks it's romantic for me to pick her up from her business trips. No - it's not. It's far from sweet, romantic & loving. Especially since I took her to the airport at 6AM just one day ago.

The one thing I appreciate about the security changes since 9/11 is that I'm not allowed to meet her at the gate. Jane's a gate-meeter person. My family is a curb outside of bagage claim people. Now I have to stay in my car driving around the terminal!

Honey - this is not a sign of affection and devotion you will see again. No more! Take a cab. Your company sent you away - they can foot the bill to get you home.

Sorry, I'm tired and ranting. But I'm telling the truth.

I promise to pick you up anytime you have a social trip.

1 comment:

Jane said...

It's all about the love! You don't love me! I'd totally pick you up if you had to go somewhere for work. :-(