Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Late Night Tuesday

Why do I do this to myself? Why get tickets for a concert on a weeknight? Sure the doors open at 7:30, the show starts at 8... but the headliner didn't get on stage until after 10:30. I had hopes that it wouldn't be a very late night. Oh well. Jane was a good sport (she only took a short nap.

The opening act was Youth Group. I enjoyed them and bought their CD. They are English or Australian - cute accents, funny hair. Their sound reminds me of The Ocean Blue.

The co-headliner / second act... Blanche was a pleasant suprise. They rocked the house with slide guitar & a banjo and you gotta love a band with a chick drummer. It's not often you find a goth roots fusion band from lovely Detroit, MI. The male lead singer looked like the love child of Jeke Gyllenhaal and Lyle Lovett. The female lead singer looked & dressed exactly like this. I think I'll get their album off iTunes today.

The Ditty Bops played for only 45 minutes, bummer. They also played mostly new songs, another bummer. But they were cute & perky and kept inviting their chubby childhood friend, Kenny, onstage to dance.

If you ever get a chance to catch a show at The Great American Music Hall I recommend it. A beautiful building.

So I'm now at work after a short night's sleep. Tonight another meeting to plan for the mission trip to Idaho later this summer. Let's hope it's short & to the point so I can catch some zzzzzzs.

No comments: