Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Cold Feet - Empty Bed

I'm a warm person. I typically run warmer than the next. I can go out in short & t-shirt when most people are bundled in fleece. I don't need the heat on most of the time. I usually loung around the house barefoot and according to Jane my feet are usually ice-cold. But I don't notice that they are cold... that is until I get them into bed - brr they are cold then.

One of my favorite things to do when I notice my feet are freezing is try to sneak them under Jane. It never works but I keep trying. Why won't she warm my little tootsies on her warm legs? Well she will under one condition - when I'm sick.

Well I woke up Monday AM with a sore throat. I made it through most of the workday but by the time I got home I was achey, shivering, freezing. I bundled into sweats, turtleneck, fleece pullover, socks and fleece booties. Still cold. Wraped in a blanket... still cold.

So here I am freezing cold, sick, achey and home alone. I need my foot warmer. I need someone to coddle me. Someone to make me soup and rub my back. Damn you, RSNA! Send my Jane home. I need TLC.

Also, I don't like being the one to yell at Timmy to shut up and go to sleep at 11:30, 12:15, 1:10...

No comments: